Thursday, January 13, 2011

Travelin' Man. (Day 12)


I LOVE my son! He is one of the most easygoing little boys I've ever met. He was born right before Christmas, so he quickly became the little shopper. He rides in the car amazingly well. He enjoys meeting new people. I just don't know how he could be a better traveler!


Yesterday, he went with me to visit my friends at the Charleston Animal Society. Everyone was so happy to meet him. He had just woken up from a nap when we got there, so he was still trying to get his bearings as we walked in the door. He was quickly greeted by 3 lovely ladies! He was a little unsure as everyone looked in on him in his stroller, but he was happy to meet everyone. He was precious. He kept looking back at me, I guess to make sure I hadn't left him. It was nice to see that he recognized me, because at home I figure he looks at me because I'm the only one there. He defintely reinforced that he knows who I am.


He was open to letting his new friends hold him. Dr. Boyd made a comment that made me remember he's still so young. She said "Aww. He's still so fragile." I don't really think of him this way anymore. He's over 13 pounds and has pretty good head control, so I feel like he is so "grown-up." Silly I know. He's just 11 weeks tomorrow!


He showed off his newest talents of making copious amounts drool. He practiced his sit-ups in the stroller. He even showed off his fashion skills! He wore a doggie onesie and cordouroy pants. Very appropriate for visiting the shelter.


He walked along the cat mall. He saw kitties that were soo cute! If I didn't just have a baby, I'm pretty sure I would have left with this little orange tabby kitten that just had this look on his/her face saying, "What are you looking at." Love it! Kittens with attitude.


I'm sad that I no longer work there, but I certainly plan on going back to volunteer, and when Lucas is old enough taking him in to volunteer. He already enjoys spending time with Sophie, Kay and Two, so I think he would really enjoy loving on some sweet animals.


As shown in the picture above, it was a cold day, and Lucas wore his new hat he got for Christmas. It's a little big on him, but he loves it nonetheless. It started off on the top of his head and worked it's way down ever so cutely. He loved it as you can see by the smile on his face as his hat covers his eyes.


I LOVE this kid.


Love,

Lisa and Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment