Thursday, January 20, 2011

Growing up is hard to do. (Day 19)


Today, I had an assessment test for a job I'm interviewing for with Verizon Wireless. I was soo nervous. I don't know why. It was a computer based assessment and I'm good on computers, but this is the first real interview I've had for a job.



When I applied to Sticky Fingers 10 years ago, it was more like, "You have served before?" Yes. "You are over 18?" Yes. "When can you start." At the Shelter I had volunteered there plenty before that they knew me and the interview was pretty informal. So, to me, this was BIG deal. That being said, Lucas needed a place to go for the afternoon.



Joe stayed home from work so he could watch him when I left and then my Mom came and got him after her hair appointment. I couldn't even be nervous leaving him because I was too busy thinking about how I was going to do. So it turns out he played at home with Joe, and then slept the entire time I was gone. Thank goodness. I don't know why I worry that he is going to scream when I'm gone, and I just feel bad leaving an unhappy baby with anyone.



The interview went well, and I got another phone interview today. Since it's a phone based job, they have 2 of the 3 interviews over the phone. If you aren't good on the phone, then you are not a fit for the Customer Service Representative Role. The computer work they had us do wasn't so bad. I felt good afterwards, though I prepared myself for the "I'm sorry, but you didn't meet our requirements" speech. I think I did that cause I don't want to get my hopes up and then get my feelings hurt if I don't get the job. Joe thinks I have a great chance and I should listen to him for a change since, he does work there and has done hiring before.



Keeping my fingers crossed for this new phase in my life. I'm ready to figure out that balance of work and baby life. I can't imagine how hard those first few days are going to be, but I've got time to prepare for it. The start date on the job isn't until the 23rd of February.



Love and Luck,


Lisa and Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment