Saturday, January 1, 2011

Paying it forward. (Day 1)


Friends and Family have always been a big part of my life. Outside of my immediate family, I grew up with an amazing network of family friends and I can only hope that Lucas grows up in the same manner.


Today, we celebrated the first day of 2011 with my parents and their friends. Lucas is always a hit with them. He hasn't been feeling well since he got his first round of vaccines, but he's always a trooper in social situations. This makes me think he too will be a big part of an extended family of friends.


23 years ago, I got to hold my first baby, Matthew DeLorenzo. I have never forgotten that incredible feeling. I felt like such a grown up! I mean I was 5 years old holding a real baby! Today, I was excited to share that feeling with another young girl. My parents friends have a 5 year old, Jenna, who has been very excited to be involved in Lucas' life. Jenna helps me change his diaper, and she always has the sweetest things to say about her (I'm still trying to get it through to Jenna that Lucas is indeed a boy!).


She had help from her Mom, no big deal, I know this moment will be one she shares with her grandparents and at school and one I know she too will never forget.
I truly hope that Lucas has a large extended family of friends that I was so lucky to have. I don't think I would be the person I am today without them. I look forward to introducing Lucas to everyone throughout this year. It's been a long time since I have seen many of our friends in Maryland, and I can't wait to show them how much I have grown. I know they will enjoy seeing me as a MOM!
Love,
Lisa (aka Stinky #2) and Lucas

2 comments:

  1. All the MD folks will have so much fun seeing you and Lucas at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your wedding will be the perfect coming out party for Lucas. Thanks so much for planning the party for him!

    ReplyDelete